Akhil Mishra, an Indian Film Actor, Television Actor, Screenwriter, Dialogue Writer, and Theatre Director was born on 22-06-1956 in Kanpur in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. He worked predominantly in Hindi cinema. He was popularly known for his work in the Bollywood film “3 Idiots” as Librarian Dubey. He died on 21-09-2023 at the age of 67.
|Other Names||Akhil Kumar Mishra|
|Profession||Film Actor, Television Actor, Screenwriter, Dialogue Writer, Theatre Director|
|Appearance||Hindi Television Series|
|Birth Place||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Age||67 Years Old (as of 21-09-2023)|
|Debut||Hindi Film (as an actor, writer) – Dhat Tere…. Ki (1983)|
Hindi Television Series (as an actor) – Rajani (1985)
Hindi Film (as a dialogue writer) – Prologue (Abhaas) (1997)
English Film (as an actor) – Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain (2014)
Hindi Short Film (as an actor, writer, director) – Manju Ki Juliet (2019)
|Best Known for||3 Idiots (2009)|
Akhil Mishra died at the age of 67 on 21-09-2023 after getting injured from a fall in his kitchen at his home in Mumbai. He was taken to the nearest hospital but he did not survive. He had already suffering from age-related issues like blood pressure & sugar.
|Death Date||21-09-2023 (Thursday)|
|Death Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Death Cause||Got Injured after a fall at Home|
He did his schooling in his hometown Kanpur.
|Height||in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”|
in centimeters: 170 cm
in meters: 1.70 m
|Weight||62 Kgs (172 lbs)|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
- Akhil Mishra was an Indian Television Actor, Film Actor, Screenwriter, and Theatre Director who worked in Hindi cinema.
- He was actively involved in Indian cinema from 1983 to 2023, till his death.
- He made his acting debut in the Hindi comedy film “Dhat Tere…. Ki” in 1983 as Pitamber. The film was also written by him and produced by his wife Manju.
- He made his small-screen debut in the Hindi television series “Rajani” in 1985, followed by the television series Bhim Bawani, Guldasta, Kakaji Kahin, and Bharat Ek Khaj.
- In 1989, he acted in the superhit Hindi film “Kamla Ki Maut” as Prakash.
- In 1997, he wrote dialogues for the Hindi film “Prologue (Abhaas)“.
- His wife, Manju Misra died in 1997.
- He rose to fame for his role as Librarian Dubey in the Bollywood blockbuster film “3 Idiots” in 2009.
- His noted work was in the Hindi films Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, Gandhi My Father, 3 Idiots, and the Hindi television series Pradhanmantri, Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se, and Uttaran.
- He married for 2nd time to the German actress “Suzanne Bernert” in 2009.
- His mother, Arundhati Mishra passed away in 2012.
- He also acted in an Indian English language film “Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain” in 2014 as Napoleon.
- He made his directorial debut through a Hindi short film “Manju Ki Juliet” in 2019.
Akhil Mishra’s Family
|Father||Name Not Known|
|Mother||Arundhati Mishra (Died in Oct 2012)|
|Wife||Manju Mishra (1983-1997, till her death)|
Suzanne Bernert (2009-2023, till his death)
He was born into a Hindu Brahmin family to his mother Arundhati Mishra. His mother passed away in Oct 2012. The information about his father and siblings is not available. In 1983, he married actress Manju Mishra, who died in 1997. They had no children. He remarried a German-Indian actress Suzanne Bernert on 03-02-2009.
Akhil and Manju both worked in the showbiz industry and they dated each other before their marriage. He also dated Suzanne Bernert.
|Home Town||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Favorite Singer||Kishore Kumar|
|Favorite Actor||Dev Anand, Dilip Kumar|
|Favorite Actress||Meena Kumar, Suchitra Sen|
|Favorite Director||Satyajit Ray, Uttam Kumar|
|Favorite Film||Devdas (1955)|
Akhil Mishra’s Social Media Account