Naresh Goyal, an Indian businessman & founder chairman of Jet Airways was born on 29-07-1949 in Sangrur in the state of Punjab, India. He founded Jet Airways in 1992 and the company commenced operations on 05-05-1993 as an air taxi operator. Let’s continue reading and know all about Naresh Goyal.
|Other Names||Naresh Kumar Goyal|
|Birth Place||Sangrur, Punjab, India|
|Age||74 Years Old (as of 02-09-2023)|
|Best Known as||Founder of Jet Airways|
Naresh Goyal entered the field of Travel in 1967 at the age of 18 through his first job at East West Agencies as a cashier with a monthly salary of INR 300. The travel agency’s owner Seth Charan Das Ram Lal was his maternal uncle. He joined Lebanese International Airlines as a general sales agent, after completing his graduation.
Till founded Jet Airways in 1992, he gained many job experiences through undergoing extensive training. He worked at Iraqi Airways from 1969 to 1971 as a PR Manager, at Royal Jordanian from 1971 to 1974 as a regional manager, and at Middle East Airlines.
He started his own travel agency called Jetair in 1974 with the help of £500 from his mother. He also joined the Philippines Airlines in 1975 as a regional manager.
He founded Jet Airways in 1992 and its operations started on 05-05-1993 led by PV Narasimha Rao for the operation of scheduled air services in domestic sectors in India. Jet Airways started operations full-fledged in 1995.
He did his schooling at Raj High School in Sangrur. After completing his school studies, he joined the Government Bikram College of Commerce in Patiala and completed his graduation in commerce.
|School||Raj High School, Sangrur|
|College||Government Bikram College of Commerce, Patiala|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)|
|Height||in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”|
in centimeters: 171 cm
in meters: 1.71 m
|Weight (approx)||75 Kgs (165 lbs)|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
- Naresh Goyal is a businessperson and the founder of Jet Airways.
- He stepped into the Travel industry in 1967 at the age of 18.
- He did his first job for INR 300 Per Month.
- He worked in several aviation companies including Iraqi Airways, Royal Jordanian, Middle East Airlines, and Philippines Airlines.
- He started his own travel agency called Jetair in 1974.
- He founded Jet Airways in 1992 with the support of PV Narasimha Rao.
- In 2005, he was ranked 16th richest person in India as per Forbes.
- Jet Airways stopped flying in 2019.
- He was arrested by the ED on 01-09-2023 for the money laundering of INR 538 Crore, a complaint by Canara Bank.
Naresh Goyal’s Family
|Father||Name Not Known (Jewellery Dealer)|
|Mother||Name Not Known (Homemaker)|
|Brother||Surinder Kumar Goyal|
|Wife||Anita Goyal (Marriage in 1988)|
He was born into a Hindu Baniya family to a homemaker mother and a jewellery dealer father. He has a brother named Surinder Kumar Goyal. He married Anita Goyal in 1988. Together they are blessed with a son named Nivaan Goyal and a daughter named Namrata Goyal.
He dated Anita for nine years before marriage with her.
|Home Town||Sangrur, Punjab, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|