CoCo Lee was born on 17-01-1975 in British Hong Kong as Ferren Lee. She was a Hongkonger-American singer, songwriter, musician, dancer, recording artist, record producer, film actress & television personality who committed suicide on 05-07-2023.
|Other Name||CoCo, Ferren Lee, Ferren Lee-Kelly, CoCo Lee Rockowitz|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Dancer, Recording Artist, Record Producer, Film Actress & Television Personality|
|Birth Place||British Hong Kong|
|Age||48 Years Old (at the time of death on 05-07-2023)|
|Debut||First Album (Mandarin) – Love from Now On (15-06-1994)|
First Album (English) – Brave Enough to Love (12-06-1995)
Hollywood Film – Mulan (1998)
TV – Chinese Idol Season-1 (2013)
|Best Known as||Judge at Chinese Idol Season-1|
First Chinese Ambassador for Chanel
First Chinese-American to perform at the Oscars
The talented, Coco Lee was associated with Fancy Pie, Capital Artists, 550 Music, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony BMG, Epic, Warner Music Group, and Universal Music Group. She gave several hits by using genres in her singing like Pop, Hip-hop, Soul, R&B, Dance-pop, and C-pop. She was the first Chinese ambassador for Chanel and the first Chinese-American to perform at the Oscars.
|School||Presidio Middle School, San Francisco|
Raoul Wallenberg Traditional High School, San Francisco
|College||University of California, Irvine|
She studied at Presidio Middle School in San Francisco and Raoul Wallenberg Traditional High School in San Francisco. She also attended the University of California in Irvine but left after a year to concentrate on her career in singing.
Body Measurement/Physical Appearance
|Height||in Feet Inches: 5’ 3”|
in centimeters: 161 cm
in meters: 1.61 m
|Weight||46 Kgs (102 lbs)|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
- She was born into a family of musicians. Her mother was a pianist and her father was a saxophonist.
- Her father was of Malaysian descent while her mother was of Cantonese descent from Hong Kong.
- Her father passed away before her birth.
- She dropped out of college to grow in music.
- In 1993 at the age of 18, she participated as a contestant in the 12th Annual New Talent Singing Awards and became the 1st runner-up.
- She made her debut album in the Mandarin language called “Love from Now On“, which was released under Fancy Pie Records on 15-06-1994.
- She made her debut album in the English language called “Brave Enough to Love“, which was released under Fancy Pie Records on 12-06-1995.
- In 2001, she performed at the 73rd Academy Awards and became the first Chinese-American to perform at Oscar.
- She dated a Hong Kong-based Canadian businessman Bruce Rockowitz for several years, before marriage with him.
- She has no biological child.
- She was the first Chinese Ambassador for Chanel.
- She was a vegetarian.
- She was an avid golfer.
- She was fluent in Mandarin, English, Cantonese, and Tagalog.
- She was an ambassador for UNICEF and actively involved in charity work.
- In 2016, she participated as a contestant in the South Korean reality show “I Am a Singer” and became the Winner of the season on 15-04-2016.
|Death Date||05-07-2023 (Wednesday)|
|Death Place||Queen Mary Hospital in Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong|
|Death Cause||Attempted Suicide|
CoCo Lee died at the age of 48 on 05-07-2023 at Queen Mary Hospital in Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong. She was attempted to the Queen Mary Hospital, after attempting suicide on 02-07-2023, where she took her last breath on 5th July 2023.
|Father||Name Not Known|
|Mother||Name Not Known|
|Sisters||Carol Lee, Nancy Lee|
|Affair||Bruce Rockowitz (Hong Kong-based Canadian businessman)|
|Spouse||Bruce Rockowitz (Marriage Date: 27-10-2011)|
|Step-daughters||Rachel Rockowitz, Sarah Rockowitz|
She was born to a Malaysian father and a Hongkongers Cantonese mother. She had two sisters named Carol Lee & Nancy Lee (also her manager). She married Canadian businessman Bruce Rockowitz on 27-10-2011. From her husband’s first marriage, she had two stepdaughters named Rachel Rockowitz & Sarah Rockowitz. She had no biological child.
She was in a relationship with Bruce Rockowitz and dated for several years before marriage with him. They married in 2011.
Personal Info & Favorite Things
|Home Town||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Playing Piano,|