Michael Gambon, an Irish-British Film Actor, Television Actor, Theatre Actor, Voice Artist, Radio Artist, Video Game Artist, and Narrator was born on 19-10-1940 in Dublin, the capital city of Ireland as Michael John Gambon. He was popularly known for his work in British & Hollywood cinemas, for which he was ranked knighted by Queen Elizabeth II and addressed as Sir Michael John Gambon.
|Other Names||Sir Michael John Gambon|
|Profession||Film Actor, Television Actor, Theatre Actor, Voice Artist, Radio Artist, Video Game Artist, Narrator|
|Birth Place||Dublin, Ireland|
|Age||82 Years Old (as of 27-09-2023)|
|Debut||Theatre – Othello (1962)|
Film – Othello (1965)
TV – Much Ado About Nothing (1967)
Radio – Betrayal (1990)
Video Game – Ghost Hunter (2003)
|Best Known for||Rich Smooth Voice|
|Best Known as||Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter film series|
Michael Gambon was suffering from pneumonia. He died on 27-09-2023 at the age of 82 in Witham, Braintree, Essex County, United Kingdom.
|Death Date||27-09-2023 (Wednesday)|
|Death Place||Witham, Braintree, Essex County, United Kingdom|
Michael Gambon did his schooling at St Aloysius Boys’ School in Somers Town, North West London, and completed his High school studies at St Aloysius’ College in Islington, London. Later, he joined the Crayford Secondary School in North End, Bexley, London to receive secondary education. He quit his secondary education in between. After that, he got acting training at a famous drama school called RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Art) in London.
|School||St Aloysius Boys’ School, Somers Town, London|
St Aloysius’ College, Islington, London
|College||Crayford Secondary School, North End, Bexley, London|
Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA), London
|Qualification||Matriculation from St Aloysius’ College |
Acting Training from RADA
|Height||in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”|
in centimeters: 183 cm
in meters: 1.83 m
|Weight||94 Kgs (207 lbs)|
- Michael Gambon was an Irish-British actor who worked in British and American cinemas.
- He was popularly known for his “Rich Smooth Voice”.
- He was best known for his role as Albus Dumbledore in the “Harry Potter” film series.
- He was born in Dublin, Ireland and when he was 6 years old his family moved to London.
- In 1955 at the age of 15, he dropped out of Crayford Secondary School where he was studying his higher secondary education.
- In the period of 7 years from 1955 to 1961, he gained an apprenticeship as a toolmaker with Vickers-Armstrong (a British engineering conglomerate) and became a qualified engineer.
- He learned acting at RADA, a drama school in London.
- In 1962, he got married to Anne Miller.
- In 1962, he made his theatre debut in the Gate Theatre’s play titled “Othello” (a tragedy written by William Shakespeare) as a Second Gentleman. Later, he joined the National Theatre and worked in around 11 plays.
- In 1965, he made his British film debut in Stuart Burge’s English language film “Othello“.
- In 1967, he made his television debut in “Much Ado About Nothing“, based on a comedy book written by William Shakespeare in 1598-99.
- In 1990, he appeared in Ned Chaillet’s radio show “Betrayal” as Jerry, which aired on BBC Radio 3.
- In 1998, he was ranked as knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his contribution to the theatre and cinema. After being ranked knight, he got “Sir” before his name, and his wife also was addressed as Lady Gambon.
- In 2002, he got separated from his wife and started living with junior artist Philippa Hart, who was 25 years younger than him. Philippa started dating him in 2000 which was the reason for the separation of Michael and his wife.
- In 2003, he played the role of voice artist to the character of Lord William Hawksmoor in “Ghosthunter“, a shoot-action video game.
- He received worldwide recognition for his role as Professor Albus Dumbledore in the “Harry Potter” film series.
- He won 3 Olivier Awards out of 14 nominations.
- He also received four BAFTA awards, two SAG awards, and one BIFA award.
- He died on 27-09-2023 at the age of 82.
Michael Gambon’s Family
|Father||Edward Gambon (engineer)|
|Mother||Mary Hoare (seamstress)|
|Wife||Anne Miller (Lady Gambon) (1962-2002)|
|Son||Fergus Gambon (Born: 1964)|
Michael “Tom” Gambon (Born: 2007)
William Gambon (Born: 2009)
He was born to a seamstress mother Mary Hoare and an engineer father Edward Gambon. The right information about his siblings is not available anywhere. He married Anne Miller (later addressed as Lady Gambon) in 1962. Together, they had a son named Fergus Gambon who is the director of British Ceramics and Glass at Bonhams. The couple got separated in 2002 after Michael’s relationship was revealed publically with Philippa Hart. He had two sons named Michael and William from his relationship with Philippa Hard.
He had a relationship with Philippa Hart since 2000 and together had two sons Michael (Tom) Gambon, and William Gambon. Michael was born in 2007 and William was born in 2009.
|Home Town||Somers Town, London, United Kingdom|
|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Best Friend||Maggie Smith|