Janhvi Kapoor, an Indian actress & model was born on 06-03-1997 in Mumbai in the Maharashtra state of India as the 1st child of actress Sridevi and the 3rd child of film producer Boney Kapoor. She is known for her work predominantly in Hindi cinema.
|Other Name||Jhanvi Kapoor, Jaan|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Age||26 Years Old (as of 10-07-2023)|
|Debut||Hindi Film – Dhadak (2018)|
OTT (Hindi) – Ghost Stories (2020)
Music Video – Kudi Nu Nachne De (2020)
Telugu Film – Devara (2024)
|Best Known for||Dhadak 2018)|
Gunjan Saxena – The Kargil Girl (2020)
Good Luck Jerry (2022)
She made her acting debut in Shashank Khaitan’s Hindi film “Dhadak” in 2018 opposite Ishaan Khatter. The film got box-office success, while it was the remake of 2016’s Marathi film “Sairat“. She was next seen on the OTT platform in Netflix’s Hindi film “Ghost Stories” in 2020. After that, she was seen in movies like Gunjan Saxena-The Kargil Girl, Roohi, Good Luck Jerry, and Mili.
The film director Nitesh Tiwari made an announcement on 30-03-2022 for his upcoming romantic drama film “Bawaal” along with its star cast as actress Janhvi Kapoor and actor Varun Dhawan. The trailer of the film has been released in July 2023. She has also signed an upcoming Telugu film “Devara” opposite JR NTR.
Janhvi Kapoor did her schooling at Ecole Mondiale World School in Mumbai and Dhirubhai Ambani International School in Mumbai. After completing her graduation, she joined the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in California and received an acting course.
|School||Ecole Mondiale World School, Mumbai|
Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai
|College||Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute, West Hollywood, CA|
A Diploma Course in Acting
Body Measurement/Physical Appearance
|Height||in Feet Inches: 5’ 4”|
in centimeters: 163 cm
in meters: 1.63 m
|Weight||52 Kgs (115 lbs)|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
- An actress, Janhvi Kapoor works mainly in Bollywood movies.
- She is also addressed as Jhanvi and her mother called her by the nickname Jaan.
- Her name Janhvi was taken from the Bollywood film “Judaai” which was released 5 days before her birth. In this film, Jhanhvi Sahni is a character played by actress Urmila Matondkar.
- She learned acting from Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute, West Hollywood, California, US. In the same batch, Aryan Khan son of Shah Rukh Khan learned the acting there.
- Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor is her stepbrother.
- She had an offer from Telugu cinema in 2015 to opposite actor Mahesh Babu, but she declined due to the age gap.
- Her mother, Sridevi was a famous actress of her time, who could never see her daughter as an actress and died by accidental drowning around 5 months before releasing Janhvi’s debut film.
- In 2018 at the age of 21, she made her acting debut with the Bollywood film “Dhadak” opposite Ishaan Khatter and received love from fans & audience.
- She was the 1st choice for the Bollywood film Simmba, but she declined because she didn’t want to work opposite a big star.
- She also worked in the music video “Kudi Nu Nachne De“, a song from the film Angrezi Medium sung by Vishal Dadlani and Sachin Jigar.
- She is fond of dancing, outings with friends, and sharing pictures on her Instagram.
- She loves to travel to Goa, Mussoorie, Kedarnath, Dubai, Germany & Maldives.
- She enjoys veg/non-veg, both types of foods. In non-veg she loves Laal Maans & Kabab.
- She has signed a Telugu film “Devara” opposite Jr. NTR.
- She made a tattoo on her left arm from her mother’s handwritten notes in 2021. She shared photos of notes & tattoos “I love you my labbu” via an Instagram Post.
Janhvi Kapoor’s Family
|Father||Boney Kapoor (Film Producer)|
|Mother||Sridevi Kapoor (film actress)|
|Brother||Arjun Kapoor (actor, step-brother)|
Anshula Kapoor (step-sister)
|Affair/Boyfriend||Shikhar Pahariya (grandson of Sushilkumar Shinde)|
|Other Noted Relatives||Surinder Kapoor (grandfather, film Producer)|
Anil Kapoor (uncle, film actor & producer)
Sanjay Kapoor (uncle, film actor & producer)
|Cousins||Anil Kapoor’s Children|
Sonam Kapoor (actress)
Rhea Kapoor (film producer)
Harshvardhan Kapoor (actor & producer)
Sanjay Kapoor’s Children
Shanaya Kapoor (actress & assistant director)
Jahaan Kapoor (son of Sanjay Kapoor
She was born to an actress mother Sridevi and a film producer father Boney Kapoor. She has a younger sister named Khushi Kapoor. She also has two step-siblings including a sister named Anshula Kapoor & a brother named Arjun Kapoor.
The film/television producer, Mona Shourie Kapoor was the biological mother of her step-siblings & first wife of her father Boney Kapoor. passed away on 25-03-2012.
Her mother Sridevi’s Death
Her mother, Sridevi was a famous actress of her time, who could never see her daughter as an actress and died around 5 months before releasing Janhvi’s debut film “Dhadak”. Her mother passed away on 24-02-2018 from an accidental drowning in a hotel room at Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel in Dubai. Janhvi’s debut film Dhadak was released on 20-07-2018.
She is in a relationship with Shikhar Pahariya, the maternal grandson of politician Sushilkumar Shinde.
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Residence||Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri, North West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Listening to Music, Outings with Friends|
|Favorite Colour||Blue, White|
|Favorite Place||In India:- Mussoorie, Kedarnath, Goa, Ooty |
In World:- Maldives, Germany, Dubai
|Favorite Food||Veg:- Daahi, Paneer, Red Rice Biryani, Ice Cream |
Non Veg:- Laal Maans, Rogan Josh, Kabab,
|Favorite Movie||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)|
Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999)
|Favorite Actor||Dilip Kumar, Salman Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Madhubala, Waheeda Rehman, Nutan|
Janhvi Kapoor’s Socal Media Accounts
Facebook: Not Available
Twitter: Not Available
YouTube: Not Available