Shriya Saran, is an Indian Model, Film Actress, and Dancer who was born on 11-09-1982 in Haridwar in the state of Uttarakhand, India as Shriya Saran Bhatnagar. She is known for her work in Telugu, Hindi, and Tamil cinema. She also acted in Malayalam, Kannada, and English movies. Let’s continue reading to know all about Shriya Saran.
|Other Names||Shriya Saran Bhatnagar, Shriya, Shriya Saran Koscheev|
|Profession||Model, Television Actress, Film Actress, Theatre Actress, Dancer|
|Appearance||Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kanada, English|
|Birth Place||Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|Age||41 Years Old (as of 11-09-2023)|
|Debut||Telugu Film – Ishtam (2001)|
Bollywood Film – Tujhe Meri Kasam (2003)
Tamil Film – Enakku 20 Unakku 18 (2003)
Kannada Film – Arasu (2007)
English Film – The Other End of the Line (2008)
Malayalam Film – Pokkiri Raja (2010)
|Best Known for||Chatrapathi ( 2005)|
Sivaji: The Boss (2008)
Mission Istaanbul (2008)
Gopala Gopala (2015)
Gautamiputra Satakarni (2017)
– among others
She attended Delhi Public School in Ranipur, Haridwar, and completed her schooling study at Delhi Public School in Mathura Road, New Delhi. After completing her schooling study, she joined Lady Shri Ram College in New Delhi and completed her Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree.
|School||Delhi Public School, Ranipur, Haridwar|
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi
|College||Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)|
Shriya Saran took the dance training from her childhood from her mother and later from the famous Kathak dance teacher Shovana Narayan. Due to her dance, she got a chance to work on a music video “Thirakti Kyun Hawa” during her college days in 2001.
After that, she made her acting debut in Vikram Kumar’s Telugu film “Ishtam” in 2001 as a lead actress opposite Charan Dodla, Poonam Dhillon, Sarath Babu, Chandra Mohan & others. Next, she was seen in the Telugu film “Santosham” as Bhanu in 2002 opposite Nagarjuna Akkineni. She received breakthrough success for her 2nd film “Santosham” and was nominated for the 50th Filmfare Awards South for Best Actress Telugu. After that, she acted in around 40 Telugu films including Arjun, Nenunnanu, Chhatrapati, Don Seenu, Life Is Beautiful, Manam, Gopala Gopala, Gautamiputra Satakarni, Paisa Vasool, RRR, Music School.
She made her Bollywood film debut as a supporting actress in “Tujhe Meri Kasam” in 2003 opposite Ritesh Deshmukh & Genelia D’Souza. To date, she acted in a total number of 15 Hindi movies including Awarapan, Mission Istaanbul, Gali Gali Chor Hai, Drishyam, Phamous, and Music School. She also appeared in the item song “Chamiya No.1” in Zila Ghaziabad, and “Naya Naya Love” in Sab Kushal Mangal.
She made her Tamil film debut as a supporting actress in “Enakku 20 Unakku 18” in 2003 opposite Tarun & Trisha, which was also released in the Telugu language with the title of “Nee Manasu Naaku Telusu”. After that, she worked in more than 15 Tamil movies including Mazhai, Sivaji: The Boss, Kanthaswamy, Kutty, Chikku Bukku, Anbanavan Asaradhavan Adangadhavan, and Naragasooran.
She made her Kannada film debut in “Chandra” in 2013 opposite Prem Kumar, Ganesh Venkatraman & others, and the film was also released in Tamil language with the same title in next year. Before making her acting debut in Kannada cinema, she had a cameo appearance in Mahesh Babu’s film “Arasu” in 2007. Next, she was seen in R. Chandru’s film “Kabzaa” in 2023.
She made her Malayalam film debut in “Pokkiri Raja” in 2010 opposite Mammootty, Prithviraj Sukumaran, and others. Next, she worked in “Casanovva” in 2012 opposite Mohanlal.
She made her English film debut in the Indian-American comedy-drama film “The Other End of the Line” in 2008 opposite Jesse Metcalfe. Next, she was seen in the English films “Cooking with Stella”, and “Midnight’s Children”.
|Height||in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”|
in centimeters: 168 cm
in meters: 1.68 m
|Weight||55 Kgs (121 lbs)|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
- Shriya Saran is an Indian model, actress & dancer who worked predominantly in Telugu cinema.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer.
- She is trained by famous Indian Kathak dancer, Shovana Narayan.
- Her first dance teacher was her mother.
- She never had to struggle for work in the showbiz industry.
- She got an offer to work in a music video “Thirakti Kyun Hawa” in 2001 due to her dance, and she accepted, It was her first appearance in the showbiz industry.
- She got an offer to work in her debut film “Ishtam” in 2001, after seeing her music video by Ramoji Films.
- Her 2nd film “Santosham” was her first successful movie, for which she was nominated for Filmfare Awards, but the award went to Sadha for the Telugu film “Jayam”.
- She also appeared in Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, and English movies.
- She is associated with Celebrity management agency Media9.
- She along with actor R. Madhavan hosted the 50th Filmfare South Award in 2003, where she was also nominated for the Telugu film “Santosham”.
- She participated in several stage shows for an NGO called “The Banyan” to raise funds.
- She along with actor Surya Sivakumar appeared as a guest at the dance reality show “Maanada Mayilada” Season 3 finale.
- She also delivered several lectures to the students at IIM Ahmedabad, and IIT Madras, and became the first actress to do it. She is the third Indian celebrity to deliver the lecture to students after Shah Rukh Khan & Aamir Khan.
- She also appeared in several television commercials including Ponds, Coca-Cola, Fair & Lovely, Lux, Head & Shoulders, etc.
- She is the brand ambassador of CCL.
- She also opened her own Spa business called “Shree Spa” in Mumbai but did not continue it.
- She is also associated with the NGOs called “World Vision“, and “Naandi Foundation” to save children.
Shriya Saran’s Family
|Father||Pushpendra Saran Bhatnagar|
|Mother||Neeraja Saran Bhatnagar|
|Brother||Abhiroop Saran Bhatnagar|
|Affairs (Rumored)||Jesse Metcalfe (American Actor)|
Siddharth (Indian Actor)
Dwayne Bravo (Trinidadian Cricketer)
Rana Daggubati (Indian Actor)
|Affair/Boyfriend||Andrei Koscheev (Tennis Player & Businessperson)|
|Husband||Andrei Koscheev (Marriage Date: 19-03-2018)|
She was born into a Hindu Kayastha family to a chemistry teacher mother Neeraja Saran Bhatnagar and a BHEL employee father Pushpendra Saran Bhatnagar. She has an elder brother named Abhiroop Saran Bhatnagar. On 19-03-2018, she married Andrei Koscheev, a Russian businessman and tennis player. The couple welcomed their first child (a baby girl) on 10-01-2021, named Radha.
She dated Andrei Koscheev for a year before marriage with him in March 2018. Previously, She was also rumored for her relationships with Jesse Metcalfe, Siddharth, Dwayne Bravo, and Rana Daggubati.
|Home Town||Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|Residence||Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Reading Novels, Dancing, Travelling|
|Close Friend||Nagarjuna, Rana Daggubati|
|Car Collection||Mercedes-Benz S-Class|
|Manager||Manoj Kumar Katokar|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Salary||INR 1 Crore Per Film|
|Net Worth||US $12 Million|
|Favorite Colour||Pink, Red, Black|
|Favorite Sport||Tennis, Cricket|
|Favorite Food||Fish Curry, Sambhar, Pesarattu, Aloo Ki Sabji, Chapati|
|Favorite Writer||William Dalrymple|
|Favorite Novel||“Gone with the Wind” by Margaret Mitchell|
|Favorite Actress||Madhubala, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Actor||Rijinikanth, Nagarjuna, Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|